Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: security management techniques

From: David Pirolo <webmaster () WARNERPACIFIC EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:59:12 -0700

Thank you all for the great feedback.  From what I understand about the
27000 series, it tends to emphasize the business continuity and disaster
recovery, but is a bit less stringent on encryption and human resources.
To be fair, I haven't actually seen the standards to make that judgment
myself; it's just what I have read.

If you are using the 27000 series for your overarching plan, how are you
adjusting for potential discrepancies?

-David