Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: security management techniques

From: Tammy Lynn Clark <tlclark () GSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:07:50 +0000

We standardized under the ISO 27000 series (they have standards around building an effective information security
management program based on evaluating risks, best practices for controls integration, how to develop a standardized
approach to risk management, etc.)  They aren't free of charge but there are ways to get the costs reduced.  Feel free
to contact me directly if interested.  The ISO 27000 is a comprehensive approach (people, process and technology) and
you can then layer in other standards such as NIST or COBIT, based on your needs.

Take a look at the HEISC Information Security Guide doing searches and looking at the chapters there will lead  you to
a multitude of resources to examine...  www.educause.edu/security/guide

Best regards!

Tammy L. Clark, CISSP, CISM, CISA, HISP, CRISC, PMP
Chief Information Security Officer
Information Security Coordination
tlclark () gsu edu<mailto:tlclark () gsu edu>
404-413-4509