Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Tools to control mass email flow

From: Travis Foschini <travis.foschini () COLUMBIASOUTHERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:45:20 -0500

Stacy,

It sounds like "GroupMail Business Edition" will help you with sending / queuing batch email.

Secondly, have you had any trouble with unusual queuing of outbound email when sending through the Barracuda? We're
having trouble when one user exceeds the threshold and that users emails get deferred, most emails from other users are
also deferred and significantly delayed.  The issue may be specific to the our implementation with Exchange 2k7 and the
Cuda virtual appliances, but we have a long running support case with them. With any luck, Cuda will figure out the
conditions and fix the issue. I thought it worth mentioning because you mentioned setting your limits low, and we set
ours high because hitting the limit does bad things to non-offending users.

Regards,

Travis W. Foschini