Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HEOA Question

From: Eme Ejike <eejike () ODU EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:11:09 -0500

The DMCA response processes tends to be customized to your environment and logging capacity. We are able to tie user names to incidents using custom perl scripts and parsing algorithms that collate logs in the data collection process. The network Perimeter logs reports on the corresponding internal IP tied to the NAT at a specific time period. Hence log time frame matches. I know this isn't a tool but it is information to point you in the right processing direction.

Eme Ejike
Enterprise Systems Security Officer
Old Dominion University
Norfolk,Va