Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Active Domain Architecture in an Academic Environment

From: Timothy Payne <tpayne1 () MACALESTER EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:59:57 -0500

We are going with a single forest, single domain model for our current
Novell to MS migration.

Tim Payne, CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CRISC
Network Administrator
Macalester College

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Williams, Charles <CWilliams () ben edu>wrote:

If you use multiple forests and want to use Active Directory to
authenticate for your applications, you will need to look at them very
carefully.  Some applications will only query a single authoritative source
for authentication.  Each forest is a single point of authority for these
applications.  Thus it will take work or means to combine the forests for
these applications to use AD for authentication.

--Randy

Charles R. Williams
Senior Director of Information Technology
Benedictine University
5700 College Road
Lisle, IL  60532

630-829-6025