Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Pete Hickey <pete () SHADOWS UOTTAWA CA>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:02:41 -0400

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 02:31:17PM -0700, David Lundy wrote:
I do!! I do!!  Remember the Altair and Imsai computers and other
S-100 bus computers

Yeah... Those days there were a LOT of different architectures,
machine languages, etc.

the computers that inspired Bill Gates to launch Microsoft?

Nah... CP/M.... an OS which ran on 8080/Z80 processors.  MS-Dos
version 1 was pretty much a copy of CP/M...

But those kind of machines were pretty much after the front
pannel switches...  PDP-8 was my speciality.... 12 bit words.

--
Pete Hickey
The University of Ottawa           Send $50 and I'll double your IQ