Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:42:09 -0400

We spent months learning Machine language (IBM 1620 - a decimal computer with relay memory - code name CADET (Can Add, Doesn't Even Try) .. it did table lookup's for math functions - before they would let us use assembler. They taught us Fortran after about a year of roughing it.

Nice machine .. 16k of memory ... those were the good old days :-)

I remember the CARDIAC .. but I don't have any of that stuff - though I do have a pile of punch cards in my desk drawer .. I give one to the new kids that we hire :-)

Joel