Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Stolen Laptops

From: Felecia Vlahos <fvlahos () COX NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:29:42 -0700

Kim,

We have had an increase of thefts as well. Not just laptops, but video cameras, recorders and any equipment easily resold.

Attached is a list of items we recommend to areas on campus to decrease the thefts. The best success has been card reader access doors - not the cheapest!

Thanks,
Felecia Vlahos
Information Security Officer
San Diego State University