Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPad and access to university ERP

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:55:53 -0400

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:08:31 MDT, "SCHALIP, MICHAEL" said:
My point is that this kind of connection isn't persistent.  Realistically -
someone would have to be sniffing the traffic - discover the session - attempt
to "brute force" it - and hope to get something meaningful from the session.

Yeah - sometimes "good enough" is just that.....(just my take....)

You know, WEP had that same exact "somebody has to find it, break it, and hope
to get something meaningful" problem.  It sort of fell apart totally when
somebody found a way to break it in times less than the session length.

Just sayin'.