Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Justifying the move from Novell to AD

From: Eoin Dunne <eoin.dunne () DIT IE>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:49:53 -0000

Hello Tom,
This thread is of interest to me as our Institute is mostly AD with a few
pockets of Novell, the reason being difficulties in migrating Apple Macs to
AD. Examples of this would include issues with mapping shares, file caching
and errors when users moved between Mac and Windows desktops.
If anyone has overcome issues such as these I would appreciate a follow-up
discussion  (off-line if appropriate)
Many thanks,
Eoin.

--