Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Threat Discovery - antivirus scanning

From: "Daly, Douglas" <DDALY () NYMC EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:05:51 -0400

A quick update on our search... We are discussing the Mcafee Secure Internet Gateway 3300 and 3400 with a vendor. The
3300 specifications seems only marginally better than the Fortigate 3016. I would lean towards the 3400 even though it
would require two appliances at a fairly hefty price.

Does anyone have experience with the Mcafee SIGs?

Thanks,
Doug

Douglas Daly | Associate Director Technical Services | New York Medical College | Valhalla, NY 10595 | Office:
914.594.4961