Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Threat Discovery - antivirus scanning

From: "O'Callaghan, Daniel" <Daniel.OCallaghan () SINCLAIR EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:40:18 -0400

Doug,
We are using the PaloAlto Networks "Next Generation" Firewall.  Really
like it.  It does A-V scannning and more, including blocking SQL
injection attempts, XSS, etc.  The dashboard offers excellent visibility
on network traffic. It even includes a 'data filtering' module that can
be configured for basic DLP.  We looked at Fortigate before selecting
the PaloAlto.

Daniel V. O'Callaghan, Jr., MBA, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer
Sinclair Community College