Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

slightly off-topic -- recommendations/information sought about Ingenuix and/or AspireSoft

From: charlie derr <cderr () SIMONS-ROCK EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:25:41 -0400

Greetings,
        I added the "slightly OT" tag because I'm not just interested in security ramifications, but also in general
usability, and
whatever else you smart people might be able to share.

        The backstory is that our College Relations staff took a wishlist to Imodules and was told "we can't do very
much of what you
seek to have" (or something like that), so we're investigating other options to provide an alumni portal.  At the moment we
don't
have the staff resources to do much of this sort of development in-house and if anyone has any suggestions beyond
Ingenuix or
AspireSoft, we'd of course love to hear other options as well.  We're a small school with limited (budgetary)
resources, so
something with a reasonable per-user pricing scale might be a good option.

                thanks much in advance,
                     ~c