Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FERPA and Student Computing Accounts

From: "Lazarus, Carolann" <lazarus () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 09:00:02 -0400

If it could be limited to "student information" then just maybe, and that's a big maybe, this would be okay.  But,
access privileges are not limited to student information.  What about access to library resources, other students
information, administration if they held a job at the institution, etc.  I would say an emphatic no, and I'm sure our
policies on sharing passwords and data access security back it up.

Carolann G Lazarus
IT Auditor
lazarus () buffalo edu
716-829-6947