Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Internet for Security

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:46:30 -0500

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:48:15 EST, Dennis Meharchand said:

Chip in computers this year. The problem we solve is that the boot drives of
computers are protected from all attacks with absolute certainty - this is
how endpoint computers are infected and we solve the problem. I am
absolutely certain every time I start up my computer that my boot drive has
not been compromised at all.

I'll bite - how does your scheme distinguish between a compromise and
a Patch Tuesday?  Both look like software updates running from a (presumably)
privileged context...