Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pervasive Campus Wireless

From: Eme Ejike <eejike () ODU EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:26:44 -0500

Since the focus of providing access to the wireless system is  geared
primarily for visiting guest. We are of the stance that some sort of
sponsorship is applicable. Our current approach was developed as a use
case. Additionally, accessibility was of the utmost concern. Don't
forget the sponsorship request is an online/web service that could be
potentially available to all associated university community members if
the need be. The system is managed on our enterprise IDM  segment. This
decision is determined by management. By providing some form of
accountability not only do we cover mandated state regulations but we
also leverage our resources in detecting and determining sources of
threats or vulnerability to our network environment.

Eme Ejike
Old Dominion University
Systems Security Officer
4700 Elkhorn Ave - Room 4300
Norfolk, Va, 23529 USA
Phone: (757) 683-6755
eejike () odu edu

/
The information in this email and any attachments may be confidential
and privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended
addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to the
intended recipient) please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email and any copies from your computer and/or
storage system. The sender does not authorize the use, distribution,
disclosure or reproduction of this email (or any part of its contents)
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s)./

/ /

/No representation is made that this email and any attachments are free
of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of
the recipient./