Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: User's not following the rules

From: Paul Kendall <PKendall () ACCUDATASYSTEMS COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:51:48 -0500

We used testing at my company for two purposes: first, we could keep a
record that showed an individual had taken the test (no scoring, or
pass/fail initially, but eventually for critical policies we implemented
a pass/fail regimen) in case there was ever a disciplinary action
required; second, we reviewed the composite scores to determine if there
were segments of the policy that were unclear. If a large percentage of
folks missed a specific question, we found that in most cases, it was
poor or unclear wording in the policy and we could adjust it to make the
policy easier to understand.

Just my two sous' worth...

plk

Paul L. Kendall, PhD, CHS-III, CISM, CISSP

PCI Qualified Security Assessor

Senior Security Consultant

Accudata Systems, Inc.

15305 Dallas Parkway, Suite 300
Dallas, TX 75001

(817) 496-6450 Fort Worth Office

(877) 832-6013 Fort Worth FAX
(800) 246-4908 Corporate Office

(281) 897-5001 Corporate FAX

(713) 446-5259 Cell

http//www.accudatasystems.com

"What we do in Life echoes in Eternity..."