Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Nov. 11th and 12th - Securing the eCampus 2008

From: Adam Goldstein <adam.goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:55:47 -0400

Last year CIOs, CISOs and other academic IT leaders met in Hanover, NH to discuss how information security has become a significant campus-wide concern and an institution-wide responsibility. We are pleased to announce the second annual “Securing the eCampus” conference and invite you to join us this year for an extended program in discussing the unique challenges of cyber security in academia and what it takes to build a culture of security at your institution.

The conference will begin on November 11th and will conclude on the afternoon of November 12th. Our main topics for discussion will include: strategic planning and decision making for information security in higher education, emerging trends in information security, data security and the unique challenges posed to academic institutions, and security awareness. Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our website at: http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/about/conferences/security/.

The registration fee for the conference is $99 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on November 11th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on November 12th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the site of the first day’s events, the Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon. The guaranteed room rate is $139 for a single/king. To get the group rate call 603.643.5600 and ask for the "ISTS – DARTMOUTH COLLEGE" block. You can also register online at www.marriott.com/lebcy and enter "ISTISTA" for the group code. Please make your reservations as soon as possible. The cutoff date for the room block is Friday, September 26th. Full hotel contact information is:

Courtyard by Marriott - Hanover/Lebanon

10 Morgan Drive Lebanon, NH 03766

Phone: 603.643.5600

FAX: 603.643.1578

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lebcy-courtyard-hanover-lebanon/

Other hotel options are available on our website.

This workshop is co-sponsored by the Institute for Security Technology Studies (ISTS) and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) at Dartmouth College. Additional information about ISTS can be found at http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/. Information on Computing Services can be found at http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please contact either:

Tom Candon

Institute for Security Technology Studies

Thomas.K.Candon () Dartmouth EDU

603.646.8748

Adam Goldstein

Peter Kiewit Computing Services

Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU

603.646.9964

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Nicole Hall Hewett

Institute for Security Technology Studies

Communication and Events Manager

Nicole.Hall.Hewett () Dartmouth EDU

603.646.0714

We look forward to seeing you in November!