Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Music Etc

From: Michael Cole <mcole () CLARKU EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:34:51 -0400

Read Musicetc terms and conditions on their home page ( in the small font) , they're just supplying software that will
let you join the Gnutella network.

http://www.musicetc.com/create_account.html

MUSICETC.COMTM SUPPLIES PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE TO ITS MEMBERS THAT FACILITATES IN THE LOCATION AND DOWNLOADING OF CERTAIN
DOWNLOAD CONTENT (AS DEFINED HEREINBELOW) GENERALLY AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET VIA THE GNUTELLA NETWORK.  MUSICETC.COM
DOES NOT HOST, SHARE OR IN ANY WAY SUPPLY ANY DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT TO ITS MEMBERS.

1.       The Service.

a)       The Music, Etc.TM download system (the "Service") allows Music, Etc.TM members ("Members") to access and
download content (including, without limitation, music files, movies, games, software and/or pictures) generally
available for downloading over the Internet via the Gnutella? Network (collectively, the "Download Content"), through
use of our proprietary Download Software.  Music, Etc.TM provides the Service and associated Download Software only and
is in no way involved in the provision of, and makes no representation as to the legality of, Download Content.  The
Service and Download Software are made available to our Members, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.