Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Exchange and AD

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:48:32 -0400

Hi Quinn.  We don't require any accounts to expire.  By the end of the
summer, we should be fully automated where any changes in our ERP
automatically changes AD.  Any student that isn't registered for a
particular semester would be disabled, and any faculty / staff not on
payroll the same.  All anytime someone is entered into the ERP or added
to payroll, a new account it created.  I can't speak to the specifics as
I am not a part of making this happen.  Feel free to email off-list for
more details.

Right now these process are semi-automated, where HR sends us an email
when employees have an entrance or exit interview.  For students, we
manually run a process