Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Passwords & Passphrases

From: Andrea Beesing <amb3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:35:05 -0500

Brian,

I am sending you a link to an interim policy which includes information
about our current password standard. When we implemented the password
complexity rules we chose not to include password aging/expiration.
It's very possible that this decision could be revisited in the future
as we refine our approach to data classification and security.

http://www.cit.cornell.edu/policy/interim/AuthenticationITR.html

--Andrea Beesing, Cornell University

Begin forwarded message: