Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Automatic Password Resets

From: "Sadler, Connie" <Connie_Sadler () BROWN EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:06:27 -0400

Is anyone doing automatic password resets? We're interested in minimizing the numbers of calls in to our Help Desk -
especially for the many applicants who forget how to access our application initially - to get started with Brown.

I know there are commercial products out there; do any of you have some positive experience to share about what works
for you - and if you use something home-grown, I'd be interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks much!

Connie

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
IT Security Officer, Brown University
Campus Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu,  Office: 401-863-7266
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x91E38EFB
PGP Fingerprint: DA5F ED84 06D7 1635 4BC7 560D 9A07 80BA 91E3 8EFB