Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Awareness for Students

From: "Thompson, Sheri J" <sthomp8 () LSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:44:26 -0500

LSU ITS has decided to kick-off our "Trials of Tad" (aka Don't be a Tad)
campaign with the onset of CyberSecurity Awareness Month.  A parody of
the federal ready.gov site, "Don't be a Tad" features the trials a
fictional LSU undergrad named Tad Ramey.  For October, Tad is a victim
of a phishing attempt, has his identity stolen, forgets to lock his
computer, and fails to install his free anti-virus.  Tad will be in
other ITS marketing campaigns, but October is really the best time to
introduce him.  Tad "exists" on Myspace and Facebook too. I am attaching
a pdf of the phishing fiasco.

Sheri J. Thompson

IT Communications and Planning Officer

LSU Information Technology Services

200 Fred C. Frey Computing Services Center

Baton Rouge, LA 70803

tel. 225-578-5739

e-mail. sjt () lsu edu <mailto:sjt () lsu edu>