Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MRTG, RT, WiKi,

From: Tristan RHODES <TristanRhodes () WEBER EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:16:16 -0600

2.  I have to agree with the recommendation to use Cacti.  Very nice
web-interface, very simple to setup and use.  ( http://cacti.net/ )
3.  Take a look at SimpleTicket.  It is in the early stages of
development, but it may become the favorite opensource ticket management
system.  ( http://www.simpleticket.net/ )

Tristan Rhodes
Weber State University

ron4peace () YAHOO COM 05/16/06 12:29 PM >>>
Hello All,

I need to start working on the following projects and need some help
and pointers.
  If you have worked on any of these and have some pointers, not-to-dos
and dos and
any good papers on them, I would appreciate it, if you could share your
experience
  with me.

1. After installing and configuring the Moin-Moin WiKi on w2k3, I need
to do LDAP integration to AD work.
2.  I've installed the MRTG, but need help to configure and begin to
track down some network interfaces, do I need to use SNMP for this?
3) Helpdesk s/w, whether it's RT, or other s/w you can recommend.

Thanks in advance
Ron