Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MRTG, RT, WiKi,

From: Graham Toal <gtoal () UTPA EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:03:51 -0500

1. After installing and configuring the Moin-Moin WiKi on
w2k3, I need to do LDAP integration to AD work.

Kind of defeats the spirit of a wiki to require logins.
Easier just to keep it out of google with a robots.txt
file so the wiki spammers won't find it.

We did toy with the idea of requiring logins but couldn't
get LDAP to work; however it is relatively easy to put
any arbitrary web site behind Shibboleth - once you've
got shibboleth running, which isn't easy :-)  (We got
a *lot* of help from an expert, otherwise we'd never
have managed)

Wiki spamming is a PITA but I think I'ld prefer some sort
of captcha to a forced login mechanism.