Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Tandberg Videoconferencing via ISA or NAT?

From: Laurie Coles <lcoles () CBU EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:36:58 -0500

We have a Tandberg 2500 also. I had to give it a fixed internal and external
IP address to be able to use this equipment over the internet. There is a
place in the software to give the 2500 an IP address along with the gateway
and subnet mask. Anyone calling you would just enter the external fixed IP
address and if you are calling someone you would enter their fixed external
IP address. The IP address would be in lieu of calling a telephone number.
This would also have to be translated in your firewall.

If it is dial up using ISDN you shouldn't need anything other than the
telephone numbers.

Thanks, Laurie Coles

  _____