Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Peer to Peer Blocking

From: Jason Richardson <A00JER2 () WPO CSO NIU EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:28:08 -0600

It worried me before I realized what it was - from an IDS perspective it
looked like P2P or a worm with so many client connections to remote IP
addresses.  So far we have taken no preventative measures.

---
Jason Richardson
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University
Voice: 815-753-1678
Fax: 815-753-2555
jasrich () niu edu

retzerj () OHSU EDU 03/07 10:51 AM >>>
Is anyone taking a similar approach, to block, redirect or degrade
Skype? It uses p2p, without the copyright issues since it is voice
although I've heard some express some security concerns. Does Skype on
campus worry those on this list? Thanks