Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: number of IT security staff

From: Antonio Quesada <aquesada () GUC USG EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:31:40 -0500

I apologize I forgot who asked the original question.
Looks to me that too many answers revolve around

" >no full time security staff."

In my humble opinion, comparing to what other institutions are doing
might not be the best approach.

What I would opine is, involve your Campus Police and your local
InfraGard chapter, or the FBI directly if there is no local InfraGard.
They can help you come up with numbers and justifications. But by all
means, involve your Campus Police. They shall be the ones on charge of
Security, physical or electronic. I can keep ranting on the subject, but
it would not help you.

That's just my 5c.

Have a great day!

Antonio Quesada