Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: number of IT security staff

From: Cameron D Beasley <cam () AUSTIN UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:19:57 -0600

Univ of Texas@Austin:

  ~70K affiliates (student/staff/faculty)

  2.5 Operational ISO Staffers
  3.0 Strategic ISO Staffers
  1.0 CISO

~cam.

Cam Beasley, CISSP CIFI
InfoSec Operations Mgr
ITS/Information Security Office
University of Texas at Austin
cam () austin utexas edu
----------------------------
Report Abuse/Misuse to:
 - abuse () utexas edu
 - 512.475.9242
----------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Discussion Group Listserv
[mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Kathy Bergsma
Sent: 2005, January 31, Monday 09:44
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] number of IT security staff

In order to help justify expansion of the UF IT security
team, I would like to know the number of staff dedicated to
IT security at comparable institutions.
Please respond with the name of your university, the number
of students, and the number of dedicated IT security staff.

UF has over 45,000 students, 3 full-time IT security staff, 1
part-time security staff, and 1 part-time PR person.

Thanks in advance.  I'll publish a summary back to the lists
if there's interest.