Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Desktop patch management?

From: "Craig W. Drake" <c-drake () NEIU EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:27:51 -0500

No it does not require Active Directory to use.  AD would make it easier
to configure your clients because you could use Group Policy. But AD is
definitely not required. All of the clients interact with the SUS server
over HTTP port 80.  You just need to configure the registry on each
client for your SUS server.

-Craig

Craig W. Drake
Windows NT/2000 Server Administrator