Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web Kiosks

From: "Schmidt, Eric W" <erschmid () IUPUI EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:37:34 -0500

Not being a lawyer I don't know the answer to this question but my
concern would be:  If one of these kiosks is used to compromise a system
on the Internet or deploy a destructive virus, who would be potentially
liable - the university or the kiosk company?

Has anyone who already has these kiosks deployed gotten a good answer to
that question?

Eric W. Schmidt, CISSP, CISM, DABFE

Information Security Officer

Indiana University School of Medicine