Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Making the case for security policies and personnel

From: Dorette Kerian <dorette_kerian () MAIL UND NODAK EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:45:55 -0600

Mark,
I heard you speak at Net@edu about making the case for security
policies and personnel on your campus.  It was helpful information.  You
talked about the importance of speaking in CEO or cabinet talk rather
than technical talk.  You also mentioned that you may have a slide show
you used on your campus.
I'm having difficulty getting traction with the administration on this
issue so I'm looking for other approaches.  I'd sure appreciate any
examples, models you would be willing to share.
Thanks, Mark.
Best wishes,
Dorette

Dorette Kerian, Director, ITSS
University of North Dakota and Higher Education Computer Network
dorette_kerian () mail und nodak edu
701.777-3880, fax 701.777-3978