Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Making the case for security policies and personnel

From: Scott Bradner <sob () HARVARD EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:53:22 -0500

fwiw - it is my opinion that more often than not password aging reduces
security - it forces people to use easy-to-remember passwords or to
write them down

the audit group here has been pushing this for some cases for a while
and I've been pushing back - and exploring the use of card-based
(e.g. Security Dynamics) access for high-risk users

Scott