Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: VeriChip hack? (Sorry if this posts twice)

From: Jared DeMott <demottja () msu edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:47:51 -0400

dan () geer org wrote:

Jared DeMott writes:
-+------------------

| Is anyone else just a little wary of "implantable microchips"?
| I'm into technology and all, but that smells funny...

For your information, the "implantable microchips" will
be in huge production soon.  By next summer, US Govt is

What's the reason we (US citizens) desire this?  I can only assume our
elected officials are acting in our best interest?
I also have relatives that farm on a small scale -- one of my uncles has
already sold his farm because of this.

requiring all livestock of any sort to have them and much
more stuff that I find irrelevant and offensive.  I farm on
a small scale on the side and this is murder on small
farm economics but the privacy, etc., implications are,
in my not so humble opinion, worse.

official version
 http://animalid.aphis.usda.gov/nais/index.shtml

more like my view