Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: VeriChip hack? (Sorry if this posts twice)

From: Michael Krymson <krymson () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:39:07 -0500

A commenter on a news link I read today said that the presenters only
demonstrated grabbing the unique ID off the RFID. Unfortunately, the
rest of the data is supposedly more encrypted and it is not a concern to
leak the unique ID itself. I cannot attest to this firsthand, but
perhaps someone here can.

Either way, there are three truths to this new technology:
- It will happen. That's just the way technology is...not everything
gets turned away like e-voting (sort of)
- It will be insecure and will cause problems...but then again, do fake
IDs, passports, etc.
- It will be the next big thing since virtualization steam-rolled into
the industry

Nick Selby wrote:
Anyone see the demo on the verichip hack at hope? Anyone have any
opinion on
the demo, like, was it successful :) ? Apologies again if this posts
twice.