Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: VeriChip hack? (Sorry if this posts twice)

From: Pusscat <pusscat () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:27:09 -0400

Funny that they wouldn't use some sort of challenge-response...

On 7/26/06 9:04 PM, "Nicholas Andre DePetrillo" <nick () oshean org> wrote:

I saw the HOPE presentation myself. I was under the impression that nothing on
the VeriChip was encrypted. Also they were able to read the unique ID off the
chip through the skin, then replay it to the VeriChip reader and have it
accepted as valid. So basically they could brush up against you in an
elevator,
then go to the RFID reader at a secure location and replay it back as if you
scanned your implanted RFID chip.

Very cool and possibly a sign of things to come. Hopefully a wake up call to
RFID chip makers.