Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Announcing the Zero Day Initiative

From: "chaff0 Sr." <chaff0 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:11:18 +0530

Hi David,

I have one more question:

Dont you think a pre enrollment program would be better than a spur
burst vulnerability disclosure system. Because there is nothing like
IPR on vulnerability information, or even if there is "no way to
enforce a 0day".

Even if a candidate submits a 0day and the vulnerability team may
choose not to accept it. 3Com may not disclose the vulnerability but
will be able to use the information for securing your clients. I am
not saying this is going to happen but there is scope for question if
a vulnerability is rejected.

Regards,
chaff