Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Hackers and Painters

From: Richard Thieme <rthieme () thiemeworks com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:16:40 -0500

great description.

and yeah, the cigaret afterward (or its ilk) is a moment of savoring the pleasure ....

along those lines, you know, I have spoken at Def Con for nine years now and every year is more of a pleasure because
it is non-stop immersion in conversations with friends and the conversations of substance that I love and I usually
take a red eye back so on Sunday, the con over and a few hours before going to the airport, I often sit over a drink or
coffee at the Starbucks on the strip in the dead heat of the night, alone after all the input,  thinking about what I
learned, just savoring everything that has taken place ... while I am in it, there's too much stimulation to take in
what is happening.

sounds similar.

RT