Dailydave mailing list archives

McAffee bought Foundstone!

From: dave <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:30:07 -0400

From: George Kurtz [mailto:george.kurtz () foundstone com] Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 8:04 AM
To: Dave Aitel
Subject: McAfee to Acquire Foundstone

We're pleased and excited to inform you today, McAfee - the leading provider
of intrusion prevention and antivirus solutions - announced its intention to
acquire Foundstone.  At the time of closing, Foundstone will become a
wholly-owned subsidiary of McAfee.

On behalf of Foundstone employees, we're delighted to be part of McAfee's
"best-of-breed" family of security products and services.  This acquisition
will recognize significant synergies in vision, technologies, customer base,
and target markets.  Together, the combined entity will offer a more
comprehensive suite of risk management solutions, greater professional
services capabilities, increased levels of sales and technical support, and
greater research and development investment to best meet the growing and
dynamic risk management market.

Foundstone has a long history of driving technology innovation in our
products and this merger will not affect this trend. In fact, combining our
award-winning technology with McAfee's strong intrusion prevention products
will provide a complete and unified vision relative to Security Risk
Management.

Our goal is to ensure McAfee's acquisition of Foundstone is as transparent
and seamless as possible.  While integration plans are not yet finalized, we
want to reinforce and assure our customers, partners, international
distributors, and resellers that McAfee remains committed to Foundstone's
products, professional service and educational offerings, customer and
partner support capabilities, and continued desire to innovate.  It is our
understanding that Foundstone will remain a subsidiary and will continue to
sell and support the products and services as we have in the past and our
primary goal - to exceed customer expectations and deliver the best products
and services available today - will not change.

Foundstone sales and support will continue to serve you, and key Foundstone
executives will remain on board to lead the ongoing growth of our products
and services.
Go here
http://www.foundstone.com/company/pressrelease_template.htm?indexid=142 to
view today's press announcement and if you have further questions, please
don't hesitate to call.  We will continue to communicate with you on a
regular basis to keep you informed of our progress.   Meanwhile, we
appreciate your business and ongoing support of Foundstone as it continues
to develop market-leading solutions now under the McAfee banner.

Sincerely,

George Kurtz                    Gene Hodges
CEO Foundstone, Inc.            President McAfee, Inc.