Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: McAffee bought Foundstone!

From: djuti thoth <thothics () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:47:18 -0400

Unless the org is serious about how it assimalates new
cultures, now is a good time to start recruiting from
Foundstone. I'll bet most of the employees are pretty
pissed, meanwhile they can prolly get 10%-30% raises
out of this by jumping ship.

There was a huge falling out a while ago from FS and not many of the
smart technical staff were left.  A lot of them went to competing
firms in the area.  I would imagine that the sale was mostly for the
IP rights (look out NTice) of the scanning software.
As for managed services I'd imagine the current install base may stay
loyal for a while but anyone who was on the fence is about to switch
vendors.  All their current sales engagements are pretty much lost at
this point.  Who would want to purchase from someone who's future is
unknown?