Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Security Expert Certificates

From: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdyson () bugtraq org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:53:53 -0500

While I cannot speak for other security companies, at BTS we generally
immediately dismiss any applicants who brag a long line of security
certifications (or any, for that matter) without even giving the person
a chance to prove their technical worth.

If you feel you have to use some certification, instead of being able
to impress us with something actually related to security knowledge to
get a job, then you're not the sort of person who should be working in
the computer security world.