Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: new iss stuff

From: jallen () nersc gov (jallen () nersc gov)
Date: Tue, 10 May 94 15:24:48 PDT

Pat,

        I think some people missed the point. ISS 2.0 is a commercial
product for sale. The author changed it so that the new commercial
version cannot be easily used to attack other sites but can be
used to protect your own site. Now any site of any size can purchase
ISS and scan themselves to protect themselves.

        You should not get a bad taste in your mouth from a legitimate
business starting up. I think that many many sites will find it
useful to purchase ISS. You will not that the author, a reader of this
list, did not use this list to try to sell his product. Others thought
the product usefull enough to post the announcement here.

        I have been a beta site for 2.0 of ISS and have found it very
helpfull. It sure beats only having a log book that says that a certain
patch has been installed.

                                John Allen