Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: dotLocal Domain

From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:59:25 +0200

On 2009-03-31 Haymi Rock wrote:
I know my question is a so newbie question, but it's really confusing
me. I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name
instead of dotCOM, beside I don't understand how the communication
occurs to and from the Internet to this kind of DomainName.

This is security-basics, not networking-basics. You may want to read up
on DNS, TCP/IP and Zeroconf to find the answers to your questions. Use
Wikipedia as a starting point.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it
seriously inconveniences the user."