Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DOT NET code review

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:17:28 -0400

Mork,
        Are you doing this code review for yourself or for a third party as a
security service? My recommendation to you is that you do not rely on
automated tools. You might use them to help you find low hanging fruit,
but thats it. You need to do a real, low level manual review to verify
its integrity and you need to know how to do it.

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

Mork wrote:
Hi,

We're doing our Dotnet code review manually. I was wondering if you
guys know a program that would do a first run through the code to
facilitate the job.

Thanks!