Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Flash Drive Policy

From: "Hill, Pete" <Pete.Hill () sit-up tv>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:19:01 +0100

Jon,

We use a program called Devicelock to lock down our users ability to
attach USB devices.

Even as local admins it is not possible to disable the software (runs as
a service) and no usb device can be used unless expressly set up in the
software.

http://www.devicelock.com/

Whilst I agree with you in principle that there is no place for USB
drives in the workplace, the nature of a business (as well as the
technology in a business) will determine whether they are a "must" or
"must not" have item.   For example, all of the pc's here use usb
keyboards and mice.

Pete