Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Security

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:09:51 -0000

Having a CISSP doesn't mean I know everything about Wireless
Security, or that I'm a Network Administrator. Nor does it
mean that I'm not humble enough to ask a question where I
don't know something, rather than make it up as I go along.

On that, at least, we can certainly agree. Enormous damage has been done
over the years by people who were unable to admit that they weren't able or
qualified to deal with an issue, or would deal with it better by finding out
more about it, and looking for people who -are- better qualified is a mature
and sensible way of approaching that.

Being professional is not about knowing everything about everything: it -is-
often about knowing the limitations of your own knowledge.

--
David Harley