Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Security

From: "Max Turkewitz" <turkewitz.m () neu edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:30:12 -0500

I remebered this service from a year or two ago
https://www.relakks.com/?cid=gb
It is a suscriber VPN service run in Northern Europe somewhere.
Dreamhost also offers a VPN plan.  This is going to be somewhat slower
than an VPN less connection.  If you have multiple computers or guests
you also want safe I would recommend setting up a cheap linux box or
router running DD-WRT to act as a VPN end point.  This way all out
going traffic from that linux box/router goes through the vpn.  You
run your own wireless or internal network that goes out to that
linux/box router.  In the  end it comes out less OS dependent and more
seamless.
-Turk