Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk Laptop Encryption

From: "Rob Thompson" <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:26:07 -0700

I know that this is a touch off topic, though in regards to the
Symantec problem that you are running into.  You state that you were
using Systemworks.  If you were also using their AV/FW solution, fire
up a VM and test - Blink.  That is an incredible program.  They
recently did some updates, currently version 3.2.2 and it is
phenominal.  Absolutely outstanding.  There is one bug that I have
encountered, when I'm not so lazy I will submit a bug report manually
(they try to submit encrypted error reports, but they're encrypted and
I can't read them so I don't allow them to be sent off of my computer
as I don't know what they say.).

Newho - If you're interested in checking that out,
http://www.eeye.com.  They have links for a free personal version or a
free trial for the professional version.

-Rob.