Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Full Disk Laptop Encryption

From: "Bob Beringer" <bob () eor us>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:22:21 -0400

Ricardo,

Pointsec has some limitations, other solutions that are worth looking into
are:
1.) TecSec   (Run Time and Whole Disk Date Encryption at Rest)
2.) Safeboot (Very good pre-boot protection / encryption as well)
3.) WinMagic (Ease of Enterprise Deployment for Windows, and Recovery)
4.) PGP      (Heterogeneous Support, now with Universal Server)

My team has just finished several OMB 06-16 based projects and those are the
solutions that we selected to meet the needs of our clients depending on the
actual environment.

What are your goals? What is the environment of concern like? Are you
looking for only whole disk or automated encryption of removable media as
well?

You should know that not all of the solutions on the market properly address
remote recovery, and automated encryption of removable media.  Others are
less than secure when the system is online...

Hope this helps,
Bob Beringer
+12404756858