Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Consulting Question

From: "Fabio Cerullo" <fcerullo () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:58:44 +0100

Hi Chris,

Please correct me if i am wrong but regarding your first question, you
shouldn;t be doing that kind of approach with potential customers, as
doing some kind of "random" penetration testing in order to find
vulnerabilities is illegal and unethical.

Answering your second question a good way of contributing to the
security industry could be to post your key findings and ways to solve
the problem in security lists like this one. Obviously avoiding to put
any company names which could damage their reputation.

Hope this helps.

Fabio